We are 60 days away from the New Music Seminar with many new initiatives in place.
Third Day Added:
On Sunday afternoon, as a prelude to the main schedule, we will introduce NMS 101 Day. Sunday will include an overview to help you navigate the conference and get the state-of-the-art advice. Sessions on networking, what you need to know about the artist as a business, and an overview of the major kinds of music deals and contracts along with more schmoozing opportunities will make Sunday an important addition to the NMS package.
We are also planning to have meetups throughout the conference with Women in Music and the International Music Managers Forum.
Midem and NMS Collaboration:
Midem and NMS have begun their commitment to building the International Music Business Community. Midem will host the International Movement and then NMS will have an open-forum breakout discussion right after – stay tuned for more information coming soon.
With all these new and exciting initiatives, we want to make sure to create the best possible business networking experience. As a result, we have decided to limit registrations.
From Tom Silverman himself…
“After a tumultuous yet enjoyable SXSW, we have decided to cap New Music Seminar registrations at 1500 this year. Keeping the focus on high level discourse and high quality meeting opportunities, we believe we can serve our audience of industry leaders and change makers best by limited the number of registrants.
We will also limit the number of venues this year to allow curation of the highest quality of new and developing talent to be experienced by the majority of our delegates.
The New Music Seminar is concerned with the quality and sustainability of the music business and cross-pollination of music, technology and business. Limiting the quantity and maximizing the quality of participants will help us best meet this goal.
We sincerely hope that this decision will not inconvenience or disappoint too many people.”
We will announce the full schedule and players in the next couple weeks, and here is a sample of what you can expect from all sectors of the music business.
- Music Streaming Overview: The Music Industry’s Greatest Hope
- Music: A World Without Borders – presented by MIDEM
- The Managers Movement
- Making Dance Music Growth Sustainable: What electronic music can learn from Country
- The Songwriters Movement
- Music Publishers: Growing the value of songs
- Independent Labels Coming to Power
- Reinventing Hip Hop: What Hip Hop can learn from EDM
- The A&R Movement: The Young Guns
- Music Distribution in Transformation
- …and much much more to come!
A Short Sample of the Players who will be Speaking:
- Al Branch, General Manager and Partner, The Blueprint Group
- Andy Chen, CEO, WiMP Music
- Billy Mann, CEO, Manncom Creative/Green & Bloom
- Craig Balsam, Co-Founder, Razor & Tie
- Dan Chalmers, Managing Director, ADA UK
- Darius Van Arman, Co-owner, Jagjaguwar, Dead Oceans and Secretly Canadian
- Dominic Pandiscia, President, Caroline Division of Capitol
- Ed Vetri, CEO, Wind-Up Records
- Frank Cooper, CMO, Global Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo
- Henry Stone, Founder, TK Records
- Jay Frank, Owner/CEO, DigSin
- Jonny Shipes, CEO, Cinematic Music Group
- Jordan Berliant, Partner/Head of Music Management, The Collective
- Mark Kates, Founder and CEO, Fenway Recordings
- Mark Piibe, EVP, Global Business Development & Digital Strategy, Sony Music Entertainment,
- Marty Diamond, Head of East Coast, Paradigm
- Matt Drouin, Co-Founder, Crystal Math Management
- Matt Galle, Founder, Photo Finish Records
- Michael Goldstone, Founder, Mom + Pop Records
- Michael Green, Founder and CEO, The Collective
- Michael Harris, EVP/GM, Caroline Division of Capitol
- Mike Jbara, President, ADA Worldwide (WMG)
- Neil Gillies, President, Round Hill Music
- Patrick Moxey, President, Ultra Music
- Phil Botti, SVP Music Video and Content Production, Atlantic Records
- Prem Akkaraju, Chief Content Officer, SFX Entertainment
- Ralph Peer II, Chair and CEO, peermusic
- Ralph Simon, CEO, Mobilium Global
- Robb McDaniels, Founder and CEO, INgrooves
- Seymour Stein, Co-Founder/Chairman, Sire Records
- Stephen Bryan, Executive Vice President, Digital Strategy and Business Development, Warner Music Group
- Steve Greenberg, Founder/CEO, S-Curve Music
- Tom Corson, President & COO, RCA Records
And don’t forget the annual SoundExchange Summit: Opening day Movement with CEO, Mike Huppe and the SX luncheons to advise labels and artists on how to maximize your revenue!
Are you registered and collecting money owed to you?