Artist on the Verge
The NMS “Artist On The Verge” (AOV) Project Offers Emerging Artists the Opportunity of a Lifetime!
The New Music Seminar (NMS) presents the “Artist On The Verge” Top 100 Chart — the most comprehensive chart for emerging talent in the U.S. This chart is put together by the NMS A&R Committee, compromising industry experts, to promote artists who are already picking up steam, and help them rise above the noise to receive the national recognition they deserve.
To View the Top 100 “Class of 2013″, click here.
“Artist on the Verge” is designed to expose the Top 100 selected artists to influential media, tech, and music industry executives at the New Music Seminar. These 100 promising artists, selected from 1,000+ nominees, will have the opportunity to showcase their talent at the NMS New York Music Festival. Three lucky finalists will be selected to perform at the AOV Showcase, where they will be critiqued by a panel of industry experts.
One Grand Prize Winner will emerge, and walk away with more than $150,000 in consultations, promotion, marketing, and music equipment from: 7 Digital, Bandzoogle, BMI, Clear Channel/iHeart Radio, eMusic, Gibson, Guilford Sound, Music Choice, Musicmetric, Sing Like You Speak, SoundExchange, Tom Jackson, SESAC, and more…
The NMS A&R committee relies on analytics from Next Big Sound and Musicmetric, as well as nominations from industry tastemakers and NMS Partners, who supply NMS with the artists they believe are about to break out.
The NMS A&R Committee selects artists on the following criteria:
- Have never been signed to a major or major independent label
- Reside within the United States
- Quality and uniqueness of
- Production and recording
- Live performance
- Image, concept, and platform
- Career momentum
- Social media and activity on other music and fan sites
- Quantitative and Qualitative analysis
NMS compiles this information and compiles the “Artist On The Verge – Top 100 Chart” in which artists are displayed with no relation to order or genre.
Please click the logo for more information on how they can help your career and business.
* All Artists on the AOV Top 100 Chart were not signed to a major or major independent U.S. label before March 1, 2013. If an Artist was previously singed to a major label in a Development deal and began to gain buzz after being dropped, then that Artist still qualifies for the AOV Top 100 Chart. If an Artist is not signed to a label in the U.S., but is signed to a deal overseas and is from the U.S., then the Artist still qualifies for the AOV Top 100 Chart.